Coriander is also know as Dhania powder (धनिया)
The ground coriander is obtained from the Coriander seed of the coriander plant.Most commonly, it is bought as whole dried seeds, but it can also be found as a powder. When grinding at home, it can be roasted or heated on a dry pan briefly to enhance the aroma before grinding it in an electric grinder or with a mortar and pestle; ground coriander seeds lose their flavour quickly in storage hence it is best to ground as needed. Coriander powder has a pleasing whiff and taste. One can crush coriander seeds finely or coarsely as per recipe requirement.
How to Select
It is advisable to buy whole coriander seeds instead of coriander powder since the latter loses its flavor more quickly, and coriander seeds can be easily ground with a mortar and pestle.
Uses of Coriander :
- Coriander is usually well known as Mexican or Chinese parsley and as Dhania in India.
- Coriander and cumin seeds are pounded together, which is very popularly used in Indian dishes.
- Coriander is used just as much in sweet dishes as in savoury ones.
- It is an essential ingredient of many curries and gravies as it has a mild aroma instigating the appetite.
- Coriander powder can be utilized well in barbecue
- Coriander powder is put in to give the dish a pleasing taste. The taste of the coriander also helps blend the tastes
of all other spices that are added to the dish
- Adding ground coriander to pancake and waffle mixes.
- Put coriander seeds in a pepper mill and keep on the dinner table so that you and your family can use them at any time.
- The chutney is very common dish, where in coriander powder is used liberally.
Contact Us (For Sales and Purchase)