Red Chili peppers (लाल मिर्ची )are fruits from a group of plants, all belonging to the genus Capsicum.
This genus includes several species (Capsicum annuum, Capsicum frutescens, Capsicum chinense, Capsicum pubescens, Capsicum baccatum), and some of these species include various quite different cultivars.
Some of these are hot peppers, while others are sweet peppers or bell peppers. The information on this page is about the hot red chili peppers. See also the page about bell peppers.
Hot chili peppers are thus not a single species, but belong to different Capsicum species and different cultivars. What they have in common is that they are hot, which is caused by an irritant alkaloid called capsaicin. This substance is found mostly in the interior tissue of the fruit to which the seeds adhere.
Red Chili Usages :-
- Medical Usage :Red Chilipowder is a great alternative to heart surgery. It unclogs plaque from one’s arteries and boosts circulation, make sure to take non-irradiated chilli however it is easiest to ingest after packing into capsules and is recommend that one takes it with food, building up the dosage gradually.
- In India Chili are the essential spice for the food items.
Did you know that?
- Red Chili peppers are not at all related to black pepper (Piper nigrum). Hot chilis got their name because of the hot taste which was already known from the black pepper.
- There is a famous rock band called the “Red Hot Chili Peppers”.
- Red Chili peppers are less hot if you remove the seeds.
- Red Chili peppers are rich in vitamin C.
- Red Chili peppers can be considered vegetables (when eaten fresh) or could be classified with the spices (dried chili powder).
Contact Us (For Sales and Purchase)